Roof Checkup Guide for Homeowners!
A checkup of your roof system needs to be done in the fall and spring to help diagnose potential problems early.
They offer free check ups and free estimates!
The Guy Brothers family have been in the roofing business for over 40 years in the Pensacola, Florida area. Their professional reputation for quality service and satisfied customers is outstanding! Guy Brothers is a long time member of the Pensacola Better Business Bureau, and believe in giving back to the community through the various community organizations.
When cleaning your gutters or inspecting your roof system, remember important ladder safety tips:
- Make sure the ladder is on solid, level ground.
- Secure the ladder at the top to prevent it from slipping.
- Inspect the ladder, rungs and rails for damage.
- Extend the ladder at least 3 feet beyond the gutter, and angle it 1 foot back from the house for every 4 feet in eave height.
- Always use both hands when climbing the ladder.
Once on the ladder, you should look for:
- Shingles that are buckling, curling or blistering; this indicates the end of the shingles' life expectancy.
- Loose material or wear around chimneys, pipes and other penetrations.
- Excessive amounts of shingle granules in your gutters; granules give shingles added weight and protect them from ultraviolet rays.
Before you hire a roofing contractor, do your homework:
- Check for a contractor's permanent place of business, telephone number, and how long they have been in business in the area.
- Check references from prior customers.
- Ask for proof of insurance (liability and workers' compensation).
- Ask the contractor about material and workmanship warranties.