As the owner or manager of a commercial property, you know that the entire building relies on the roof for protection from the sun, heat, rain, and cold. Depending on the size of the property, you could have invested tens or hundreds of thousands of dollars in this single yet most essential surface. And protecting that investment is a significant part of ensuring that the property remains functional and profitable. The following tips from commercial roofing experts will help you protect your roof, building, and investment in both.
- Be Proactive – A proactive maintenance plan for your roof is the only way to prevent costly issues and damage. If you do not have a maintenance plan, speak to your commercial roofing expert to begin regular service for this essential part of your property.
- Regular Inspections – Even a minor issue will become costly to repair if left uncorrected for a long time. Something as simple as a loose piece of molding or caulk can result in the deterioration of a significant part of the roof structure if not corrected quickly. Inspections locate the tiny issues and allow you to fix them while there are still very easy and affordable solutions.
- You Get What You Pay For – Roofing materials endure countless hours in the sun, wind, rain, and worse. Buy the best quality materials you can afford to ensure the highest quality and longest-lasting roof possible.
- Consider Long-Term Costs – You need to look at roofing expenses, especially maintenance, with an eye toward the future. Sure, you are investing in regular inspections and roof service now, and it is chipping away at your annual operating budget. But how will those maintenance costs compare to a roof replacement? How many years of regular service would it take to add up to the price of a new roof? Keep protecting your roof and investment in that roof with professional service and inspections for the best investment of your operating budget.
- Go In-House For Small Tasks – Paying a professional roofer to inspect and repair roof damage is an intelligent choice and investment. But paying that same highly skilled pro to clean the roof, drains, or gutters is not such a wise spend. Invest in some specialized training for your maintenance team to allow them to provide high-quality care that will extend the life of your roof.
- Consider A Cool Roof – When it is time to plan for a new roof, be sure to check out your options for a cool roof. These materials are proven to help maintain the temperature inside the property to help reduce your HVAC costs. Talk to your roof pro to learn more about roofing options that will add to the function of your building with added climate control capabilities.
- Select A Trusted Contractor – Be sure to have an agreement in place with a certified commercial roofer for all emergency and regular service needs. When a weather event threatens your building and roof, you need to know that your commercial roofing expert will be available to provide the care that your property needs. Establish a working relationship and familiarity so that you always have a trusted resource ready to help when there is a roofing emergency threatening the functionality of your commercial property.
The roof on your commercial property is a priceless asset because your building would not be able to function without it. Provide the professional care and attention that precious surface needs to remain reliable and functional for as many years as possible. Call (251) 250-2466 to establish a service and emergency repair plan with the commercial roofing experts at Guy Brothers Roofing.